Saturday 12 October 2013

Reunited and it feels soooo good

It's official, me and my Nars Sheer Glow foundation are back on! I actually got off my arse and went to get it, I really thought I would spend at least a week moaning about its absence in my life but failing to actively do anything to rectify the situation.

The day didn't exactly start triumphantly. I completely forgot about a planned brunch date (I know, who do I think I am?) with my two heavily pregnant family members and had to get showered, changed and into town within 30 minutes. Thank God for Dad taxi.

However fate dealt me a good hand as 1. I didn't have to get public transport 2. I ended up with some perfectly poached eggs in my belly and 3. It enabled me to purchase my foundation!



Now this is were things could have taken a turn for the worse. On the way back I decided it was time for me to re-start my gym membership. So 45 minutes after demolishing a full English I found myself on a treadmill. Not advisable. 10 minutes in and I felt like I was the one with morning sickness. Nevertheless I persevered and 6km later I'm feeling pretty smug. And still a tad nauseated.

Now that I have my foundation back in my life and a gym session done and dusted this is how I'm spending the afternoon. Looking at my little box of loveliness, flicking through Cosmo (fuming because I want everything in it) and learning the art of leading a double life from Tracy Quan. First I'll have to create an exciting second life. An exciting actual life would probably be the best place to start.


The cover of Cosmo is enough to have any girl enticed. Would I go topless to get a pay rise? If I was a pole dancer probably but as someone who currently writes from home, I don't think me sitting at my laptop with bare breasts would really benefit anyone. I feel there is more to this story...

It does point out that it knows 4 steps to get a waist like Jennifer Lopez. If those 4 steps aren't making a cup of tea, getting a bath, putting on a dressing gown and sitting down then I'm afraid for today I'm not interested. Not after the lady at the gym refused to give me 2kg dumbbells, insisting I used 4kg ones.

If I start to look like this I will be furious.




Anyway now my make-up bag is back on track I endeavour to write about things other than foundation and my incompetence. We'll see how that pans out.